19.4 C
Innichen
June 25, 2022
Finance Technologies

Worldline buys controlling stake in ANZ’s acquiring business

Worldline, the French payments giant which bought rival Ingenico earlier this year, has bought a controlling stake in Australian bank ANZ’s acquiring business. The stake, 51%, is worth around AUD 485 million ($365 million). ANZ will hold on to the remaining 49%. The French payments giant says Australia is an ideal stomping ground for international expansion The acquisition sees Worldline expand its merchant services outside of Europe, by becoming the owner of Australia’s third largest acquirer. As part of the acquisition, Worldline will bring onboard around 200 acquiring and payment technology employees from ANZ. Post-deal, Worldline calculates €74 billion in additional…
Worldline buys controlling stake in ANZ’s acquiring business

Related posts

LeasePlan chooses Ohpen for cloud core banking

Amme Jhonson

Paytm raises $1bn in fresh round of funding

Amme Jhonson

Nasdaq nets new Nigerian trading tech deal

Amme Jhonson

Leave a Comment

* By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Privacy & Policy